I am asked often by clients, “What is the easiest way to build my own website?” So I am always on the lookout for easy solutions that won’t break the bank.If you are in the market for a low-budget website you can manage on your own, here are a few suggestions for template sites with a nice, clean aesthetic:
1. Square Space: A great spot for clean and minimalist website templates for blogs, portfolios, business websites and e-commerce. They offer custom domains, mobile versions, 24/7 support for a monthly fee. Pricing is between $8/mo and $24/mo.
2. Virb: This site has a wide variety of clean and modern themed webpages with prices beginning at $10/mo. Features include media galleries, blogs, stores, Etsy integration and more.
3. Other People’s Pixels: Minimalist websites geared toward portfolio-type content. Pricing packages are either $16/mo or $26/mo. Great site for clean, simple and modern portfolio sites.
4. Shopify: An e-commerce and hosting solution. You have the ability to edit all the HTML and CSS of these templates, which is nice but not something all small businesses want to tackle or hire out. Shopify offers great marketing, SEO, and support. Pricing is between $29-$179/mo.
5. Big Cartel: Big Cartel is for small e-commerce websites only. Pricing is between $0-$29.99/mo. Set up, check out, and customizations are super easy to implement. Custom HTML and CSS can be applied as well as additional customizable templates available for purchase.
6. Goodsie: You can create a professional e-commerce site without knowing how to write code. Pricing structure is $30/mo or $75/mo. “Genius Idea: Making a point-and-click product look like it was made by a professional designer.” –Mashable
7. IM Creator: This site has amazing, very simple templates for informational websites. The templates and customization tools can be explored on their website without signing up for an account. Domain and unlimited hosting plans start out at $7.95/mo.
8. Folio Websites: Portfolio, blog and mobile site in one. Pricing is $14.60/mo. Clean and minimalist templates, perfect for photographers. Advanced SEO.
9. Storeenvy: Storenvy has the e-commerce community feel that Etsy does, with page templates that allow for a more couture and customized look. “E-commerce Transformed With Storenvy’s Social Shopping Platform” –Business Insider
If you happen to have used other great website builders, please feel free to reply and share.
You can also follow my Pinterest board for Easy Ways to Build a Website that I will update as I discover new and different solutions.